[$1 billion] Dogecoin Cryptocurrency
DOGECOINDogecoin also known as "internet currency" is decentralized,digital and peer to peer cryptocurrency.A very energetic and vibrant community differentiate Dogecoin from other cryptocurrency.Dogecoin was introduced to the world on 6 december 2013 .The symbol "D" and name Doge are synonyms of Dogecoin.
[Timeline of Dogecoin]
- Dogecoin was created by Billy Markus from Portland.
- Official launch date of Dogecoin was 6 december 2013.
- Infinite dogecoin will be produced by its network.
- A rise of 300 percent in its value on 19 Dec 2013 increase the popularity of Dogecoin.
- Tristan Winters of Bitcoin Magazinefame for the first time discussed about steps needed for Dogecoin to replace bitcoin on Dec 23,2013.
- On Dec 24, 2013 ,The Reserve Bank of India cautioned Dogecoin users about the risk involved and thus asked the cryptocurrency users to take proper measures .
- On Dec 25,2013 millions of Dogecoin were stolen from Dogecoin online wallet.
- Save "Dogemas" was an initiative started by Dogecoin community to help those who lost their Dogecoins from Dogewallet.
- January 2014 marked a great leap in the history of Dogecoin as the volume transaction of this cryptocurrency successfully exceeded bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency combined.
- AltQuick.co was the first exchange to launch DOGE/USD exchange on January 8, 2014.
- On January 19,2014 Dogecoin community raised $50,000 for Jamaican Bobsled Team which had qualified for,but couldn't afford to go to , the Sochi Winter Olympic.
- The Dogecoin Foundation, led by Eric Nakagawa, raised $30,000 worth Dogecoin before World Water Day (March 22).
- $ 13.5 million was the market capitalisation of Dogecoin on January 25,2015.
- On January 30, 2014, Canada-based exchange Vault of Satoshi also announced DOGE/USD and DOGE/CAD trading.
- Trading volume across the major exchanges was valued at $1.05 million USD on January 31, 2014.
- On February 2014, Hong Kong-based exchange Asia Nexgen announced that they would support the trading of Dogecoins in all major currencies.
- Version 1.6 of the Dogecoin client was announced on March 12, 2014. Along with allowing for there to be a fixed reward per block, the new client update also introduced a new difficulty algorithm called DigiShield.
- 67.8 million Dogecoins was raised by the Dogecoin community successfully to sponsor NASCAR driver Josh Wise on March 25, 2014.
- The Dogecoin Reddit community helped Josh Wise in winning a spot at the Sprint All-Star Race beating Danica Patrick on May 16, 2014.
- On August 19, 2014 the trademark "Dogetipbot" was officially registered.
- In April 2015 Jackson Palmer announced his extended leave from the cryptocurrency community.
- In May 2017 Dogetipbot was discontinued and taken offline after its creator declared bankruptcy; this left many Dogetipbot users losing their coins stored in the Dogetipbot system.
I have attached screenshot of the recent market value of Dogecoin to help you guys get a better understanding of Dogecoin in cryptocurrency market.
Above data has been captured from CoinMarkatCap and shows the circulating supply and market cap of Dogecoin. First chart clearly shows the tremendous rise in price of Dogecoin in January 2018.
[How to buy and sell Dogecoin?]
Dogecoin is transacted through an online cryptocurrency wallet called Doge wallet.This wallet is available in four form.
- Desktop Wallet.
- Phone Wallet.
- Online Wallet.
- Paper Wallet.
These wallets are available for all three operating systems.
Moving further you can download the Dogecoin wallet from Google playstore or iOS store.I use android phone so will be explaining "How to use Dogecoin wallet" with the help of screenshot.
After downloading and installing the Dogecoin Wallet you will seen the above login screen.You can register into Dogecoin wallet in three ways.
1.Through Facebook 2.Using Google Account 3.Using your mobile number.
After you will register you will see the above screen where you can see the amount and the Dogecoin you have in wallet.Currently for me it's showing zero for both.As shown in the above screen you have two tab.One will be to explore your wallet and understand different features of the wallet.Second one is very important as it will take care of your wallet security.Remember once you will click the security tab it will ask you to verify you email in case you have login using facebook or google.A mail will be sent to your mail id and you need to click on the link given in mail.Once you will verify your mail you will receive a message in your wallet.
In the top right most of the dogecoin wallet you will have setting symbol .Once you click this symbol you will find a detailed description of your wallet as explained below.
- A tick mark will be shown in front of email for notification tab.
- You can see your user id.
- You can find here your web address.
- By clicking language tab you can select language of your choice .
- Local currency tab helps you to select currency .
- Dogecoin wallet background can be changed by clicking the background tab.
- Dogechain wallet has also given option for 2-factor authentication.
- In this wallet you can also double secure your transaction using email confirmation.
Please find the below screenshot for better understanding of above points.Kindly do ask your doubt in comment section.
In the second pics of Dogecoin wallet you will see a plus sign tab at the right most bottom.This tab is the most important tab.Once you will click this tab you will get three options.
- Scan QR
By clicking the scan QR it will scan your wallet address.
Similarly by clicking receive tab you will get your Dogecoin wallet deposit address.
Lastly by clicking send you can send Dogecoin to the specific address.
If you are planning to start blogging or you have newly started blogging then below articles are of uttermost importance of you.
Don't forget to give your feedback in comment section and do SUBSCRIBE to get the latest article in your inbox.
Now our APP is available on GOOGLE Playstore.